Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013: New Year - New Life!

13 - unlucky for some!  But not for me. 
Not this year.
Not ever.

I weighed in this morning and I've put on a couple of pounds over Christmas, but honestly, it's not that bad.
After getting down on myself a little when I saw the scale, I realised that it's not as much as it could have been - don't sweat it!

At Christmas I didn't stuff myself with food like usual, I ate a decent sized lunch and then had some Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce later in the evening, and it was just nice. I didn't feel bloated or anything.  But maybe the extra pigs in blankets weren't a good idea; bacon = sodium = short term weight gain!

Still, I went on my exercise bike today for 20 minutes at the highest level I've gotten to in a few months so that was good! I'm getting stronger every day and if it's the last thing I do this weight is coming OFF! I'm getting far too annoyed with it interfering with my life, it's gotta GO!

I do hope you had a great Christmas, and celebrated New Year with gusto - hopefully the hangovers aren't too bad ;)

3 comments:

  1. I love your attitude! We can do this! Being from America, I'd always wondered... what is Christmas pudding? I'm a bonafide Anglophile and I love all things England (Doctor Who, tons more BBC shows, the country, all the beautiful castles, etc..)
    Great job on the exercise bike! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Puddings is (awesome!) like fruitcake, usually with nuts, dried fruit/raisins and extra syrup on the outside so it doesn't stick to the plastic bowl packaging. It's so yum - especially with the brandy sauce (custard doesn't cut it) - I could eat the whole thing.

    This year my parents bought one without nuts and it was just so nice and sweet but it was light because it didn't have nuts in it to weigh it down, I wish they were still on sale, it's my new favourite dessert.

    This was the one we had: http://images.mysupermarket.co.uk/Products_1000/62/056062.jpg

    Traditionally people recognise it as this: http://www.essentially-england.com/images/christmas_pudding1.jpg

    P.S... the scenery in Scotland is much better than England :p But I completely agree with the love for Doctor Who - WOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RAINEY!! Yo sis! We can do this =)

    ReplyDelete