Tuesday 8 January 2013

The first (pound) of many...

Well, that's the hope anyway!

So over Christmas I gained around 2.4lbs.  Today I weighed in and I'd lost 1lb :D
Happy days.
Having not done as much exercise as usual I'm quite surprised but I'll take it!  

Over Christmas I was doing a lot of walking, even though afterwards my hip was in a lot of pain and the nerve going down my leg pinched a lot.  I didn't go walking one day and noticed that I felt better, so it told me that my measly attempt at exercise was still too much for my injury.  So... I've been a bit lazy lately.  I should feel guilty but hey I'm getting better, that's all I'm fussed about.

I went back to work yesterday - just for half my hours as I'm on what we call a 'step up plan' to ease me back into things.  I was so scared in the morning before going in, I was shaking my hands to calm myself down.  It felt so strange to be back there after 12 weeks away!  Now it almost feels like I was never away, I'm almost bored LOL.  It was good to see my teammates again (I'd started to talk to myself!) and they seemed pretty happy to have me back so it was quite nice.

Focus now is to keep up with the walking (though for less than the 30 minutes I was doing... may test a theory that I could do it if it was spaced out) and continue to use my exercise bike at home.  I'd like to get back to the gym soon but it's about a 10 minute walk from the bus stop so right now I'm getting my workout before I even set foot in the place - that's out for at least a month I'd say.

But when I'm back you'll be the first to know! :D

How are your New Year's Resolutions coming along?

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Sorry about that hip! Hopefully that will ease once you get back in a routine!

    ReplyDelete