Friday 18 January 2013

*sigh* Being a woman is HARD.

Especially when it comes to losing weight.
I mean, men have it so easy - they drop weight faster, they can do heavier workouts, and they don't have to contend with monster hormones that make you want to eat the whole world.

Ladies, you know what I mean.

So this week I gained 2lbs... I almost didn't log it because I was so ashamed.  My grand total so far is a positive number, not a negative! This is NOT the way to lose 60lbs (well, 63.4 now but let's not get picky).

But in my defence there's not really a lot you can do when TOM (time of month) comes to visit.  I weighed on Tuesday, which was just before it started, so I guess I should be grateful it wasn't more - I've been known to gain 8lbs during TOM - but I've been too scared to do a sneaky mid-week weigh in like I usually do, because I've done nothing but eat this whole week and if I saw another gain I may shoot myself wth pretzel sticks. 

Mmmm... pretzel sticks.

Wait, focus.

I need to up my water intake to help with bloating and water weight, and up my protein to help with cravings/not eating so damn much/lessening the cramp pain.  Yes, protein does all that! At least it does for me.  Eggs and bacon for lunch I think (dry-fried, without oil) and a vegetable smoothie because I've been wasting good food in favour of crappy snacks.

To the exercise bike! :)

What do you do to keep your motivation going when you have TOM visiting? Do you just give up for a few days, knowing you'll get back to it soon?

1 comment:

  1. OH gosh I know what you mean. Just keep plugging away and make sure you really drink your water! The scale will get back on your good graces again soon!

    ReplyDelete