Wednesday 23 January 2013

Honesty is the best policy

I've got to be honest.
In the past when things have gotten hard usually I would just quit.
But this time it has to be different, or I'll just stay the same. (wow, that's deep.)

Logging my weight on this blog is hard - last week it took me 3 days to update the post because I was so ashamed of the number.  But it's going to keep me honest.  I wrote in an earlier post about using this blog to keep me accountable no matter what the scale says, and this week it's especially true - and real - as yet again there is a gain on the scales.

I'm upset about it, sure, time of the month is always rough, but I left it a day before logging so I could have a sneaky weigh this morning and sure enough it's gone down again.  So while logging another gain is really denting my confidence (and ego!), I'm not going to let it get to me too much because I know if I can continue to eat well this week and get some exercise in, the number on next week's log will be green.

And that's really what it's all about - knowing your goal, knowing your plan, and knowing your weaknesses.

That's my mini-epiphany this week, have you had one lately or had a reminder of what your end goal is?

Be healthy. x

1 comment:

  1. (((HUGS))) Losing weight is just hard! And frustrating! I'm proud of you for not giving up though! Just continue doing what needs to be done and the scale will start behaving again soon!

    ReplyDelete